July brought several good, sunny, happy days with my hubby. We tromped on the rocks at the beach (not always a good thing), visited with friends, tried new recipes; and I found time to play with my camera and enjoy several good books. The couple on the bench were learning to watercolor. Their teacher is their daughter, and they are part of a group of folks who came to the coast to learn to paint, draw, sketch, and bring their surroundings to life on paper or canvas. Had a blast talking to them and their daughter, and simply watching them create. I applied the Topaz filter Black Rose to the photo, added a frame and here they are!
Those books I enjoyed? Here’s my list, with links to the review for each.
- Book #28: “Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch” by Sally Bedell Smith (3/5)
- Book #29: “Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse” by William Shatner (3/5)
- Book #30: “Death of a Dude” by Rex Stout (3/5)
- Book #31: “Please Pass the Guilt” by Rex Stout (4/5)
- Book #32: “A Family Affair” by Rex Stout (5/5—a best of 2012 read)
August is here and life is good!